Working as a Delivery Manager in an ambitious, fast-growing and purpose-driven company!
At Purple they are passionate about telling stories that reach, move, capture and touch people. They help their clients discover the power of telling stories across various immersive channels.
They’ve helped their partners to harness powerful technologies that bring ideas and product launches to life. At the heart of their approach is their own platform: Hyro. It’s a unique software tool that’s easy to operate, but powerful enough to use in any situation. With Hyro they can tell the story of their clients using any hardware imaginable; from immersive experience rooms to a mobile brand experience center - or any other screen. They work for big names, such as Microsoft, SAP, Interpolis and Honeywell.
To achieve this, Purple employs 45 people. Purple is actually a full-service software house: the Hyro Storytelling Software is the focus, but most customers are first served with a strategic story concept and a technical realization plan, while the Purple design team helps to produce the first visuals. From software developers and product developers, to project managers and a commercial business development team, and even a 2D and 3D studio.
In a growing company organized the way they are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is more like a partnership. We spend a lot of our time working. And we all expect something different from work. Think about what you want, need or desire from your future workplace. Purple want to make sure there’s a match from both sides!
As the Delivery Manager you are the technology lead with a focus on customer succes. Your job is to quickly understand and solve problems as they arise. You’ll do everything you can to help the team work towards the common goal. You establish great work relations and ensure people are aligned and engaged. And you offer the much needed clarity and structure.
Collaboration is key: you’ll work closely with all Purple disciplines, while being in touch with client contacts, and overseeing external suppliers. Travelling and working in multiple time zones is part of the job. Other responsibilities are:
- Ensuring that technology is applied in the most efficient way;
- Providing a service plan that includes technical needs and products;
- Ensure Support processes and tasks are carried out efficiently.
Working as Delivery Manager within Purple means working in an crucial role in an ambitious, purpose-driven company, where you get a chance to work on stuff that matters; on high impact projects. Besides that, they offer:
- Competitive salary, bonus and other good perks – Flexible hours. Phone + subscription. A solid pension plan. Public transportation card. Monthly activities. Ski trip. They like to have fun .
- Continuous skill development - they value your skills and want to enable you to keep challenging yourself to learn new things. They believe that when you grow, they all benefit.
- Diverse and challenging workload – Within Purple, you’ll work for multiple clients and you’ll use lots of different skills and techniques. It's never boring, they promise!
- Freedom and responsibility - You're in charge of your own work and the tech/equipment you need. That includes choosing your own hardware: laptop, desktop, MacBook, pc - you name it.
- University (of applied science) degree;
- 2+ Years relevant experience;
- Experience with Audio and Video technology;
- Great planning and organization skill – you know how to get from A to B;
- Energetic and lively communicator – you can move people to action;
- High sense of responsibility – you take pride in what you deliver and don’t wait for others to tell you what to do;
- Flexible and accommodating to different time zones;
- Full-time available; 40hrs work week;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (Dutch is a big plus but not required).